Attached you’ll find the worship bulletin for this weekend’s service.
With the suspension of public services throughout churches around the world, there will be no Palm Sundays in our parishes, no Triduum liturgies, no joyous Easter Sunday Service.
While nothing can ever replace the solemnity and beauty of Holy Week, we can bring these holiest days of the year into being in our homes.
Attached you’ll find the worship bulletin for the Sunday of the Passion — Palm Sunday.
Dear Trillium Friends,
Life is moving fast these days. Yesterday’s Eblast is already out of date.
In concert with our Anglican, Roman Catholic, United and other ecumenical partners Trillium’s Board of Directors has decided to cancel our Sunday worship tomorrow, 15 March, and the following Sunday 22 March. It’s likely that Sunday 29 March will also be cancelled but we will monitor the situation and heed the advice of government health departments.
We will also cancel or postpone regular gatherings and meetings this coming week – Quilters, Daily Discipleship, Confirmation class, Prayer Shawl Circle, Handbell Choir, TLC Worship Band, Choir – and probably the following week. The 21 March Labyrinth event and the remaining mid-week Lenten soup suppers and worship (18, 25 March and 1 April) have been cancelled and the 25 April Women of Faith event has been postponed to the autumn.
For the safety, health and protection of our older members, we encourage you to stay home as much as possible. If you need assistance in any way please contact the church office.
We also want to remain connected as a faith community in a variety of ways. For example:
- Tomorrow at 9 or 11 am light a candle in your home and read the Bible readings assigned for the 3rd Sunday in Lent – Exodus 17:1-7, Psalm 95, Romans 5:1-11 and John 4:5-42. Pray that Christ’s “living water” would be available for the healing of the creation and all earth’s people. Pray for those affected by the COVID-19 Coronavirus pandemic and for medical workers and researchers that they might be instruments of God’s healing mercies.
- We will keep in contact with you by email and telephone.
- Home communion visitors will suspend their visits for the time being. Hospital visits by pastors will stop for the time being. Pastoral care will largely be done by telephone or Skype. If you need to contact me, please phone my mobile at 519 574 2464.
- Photo appointments for the photo directory scheduled for 16, 17 & 18 March will continue as only small groups of people will be arriving occasionally.
- Opportunities for worship from home include St. Peter’s Lutheran Church televised service on CTV and Christ Lutheran Church in Waterloo livestreams their worship via Facebook.
Peace be with you all,
Dear Trillium Friends,
In light of some cancellations of photo directory appointments today, we have cancelled the photo appointments for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 16 – 18 March. They will be re-scheduled to new dates sometime after 21 April.
We are also getting information on resources for home devotions to keep us connected. Here is one sample that is prepared by Sherry Coman, who spoke on the topic of “virtual prayer” at last Wednesday’s Lenten soup and worship event. It’s from Lutherans Connect — and today’s devotion speaks directly to the COVID-19 pandemic. https://reimaginingjustice.blogspot.com/
Who knew that her presentation on “virtual prayer” would be so timely?
We will continue to share information and resources in the coming days.
Please hold our congregational community in your prayers. If you are aware of Trillium folk who are homebound or without computer access, please give them a phone call and check in on them. Let them know what’s going on at church and assure them that they are in your prayers and ours.
Peace, health and grace be with you.
We welcome all to join in our Christmas services.
December 24th, Christmas Eve
4:00pm: Holy Communion (Sanctuary)
6:30pm: Trillium and Elevation Congregations worship together in word and song
9:00pm: Holy Communion (Sanctuary)
December 25th, Christmas Day
10:00am: Holy Communion (Sanctuary)
December 29th, Christmas 1
9:00am: Holy Communion (Sanctuary)
11:00am: Holy Communion (Chapel)
Looking to see what’s happening at Trillium Lutheran over the next few months? Check out the January, February, and March 2019 Calendars:
The July 2018 Calendar is available at the following link: