Worship Cancelled March 15, 22
Dear Trillium Friends,
Life is moving fast these days. Yesterday’s Eblast is already out of date.
In concert with our Anglican, Roman Catholic, United and other ecumenical partners Trillium’s Board of Directors has decided to cancel our Sunday worship tomorrow, 15 March, and the following Sunday 22 March. It’s likely that Sunday 29 March will also be cancelled but we will monitor the situation and heed the advice of government health departments.
We will also cancel or postpone regular gatherings and meetings this coming week – Quilters, Daily Discipleship, Confirmation class, Prayer Shawl Circle, Handbell Choir, TLC Worship Band, Choir – and probably the following week. The 21 March Labyrinth event and the remaining mid-week Lenten soup suppers and worship (18, 25 March and 1 April) have been cancelled and the 25 April Women of Faith event has been postponed to the autumn.
For the safety, health and protection of our older members, we encourage you to stay home as much as possible. If you need assistance in any way please contact the church office.
We also want to remain connected as a faith community in a variety of ways. For example:
- Tomorrow at 9 or 11 am light a candle in your home and read the Bible readings assigned for the 3rd Sunday in Lent – Exodus 17:1-7, Psalm 95, Romans 5:1-11 and John 4:5-42. Pray that Christ’s “living water” would be available for the healing of the creation and all earth’s people. Pray for those affected by the COVID-19 Coronavirus pandemic and for medical workers and researchers that they might be instruments of God’s healing mercies.
- We will keep in contact with you by email and telephone.
- Home communion visitors will suspend their visits for the time being. Hospital visits by pastors will stop for the time being. Pastoral care will largely be done by telephone or Skype. If you need to contact me, please phone my mobile at 519 574 2464.
- Photo appointments for the photo directory scheduled for 16, 17 & 18 March will continue as only small groups of people will be arriving occasionally.
- Opportunities for worship from home include St. Peter’s Lutheran Church televised service on CTV and Christ Lutheran Church in Waterloo livestreams their worship via Facebook.
Peace be with you all,